Recalling 2nd-year college..
I was on the verge of shifting course. From BS Nursing to any Art-related course.
Now I am very disappointed that I did not. If that really happened I would probably have my own dSLR now as a compulsory requirement for photography class. I would be a 2nd year student by now, passing art projects, or anything a creative 2nd-year art student would happily do.
I’ve wasted so much of my time. 5 Years of precious time, 5, if you’ll count this year since I am “reviewing” for my “nursing licensure exam” which MOST probably will be useless to me because I won’t be working as a nurse.
“Why take the exam?”, you ask.
To satisfy the people who forced me to have this course.
Pass or Fail, I don’t care.
Only after this year, that I will be choosing what I love to do most. PHOTOGRAPHY.
- First, I will work my ass off as a call center agent, since it has high pay rate.
- work, work, work to fund my first dSLR
- work, work, work to fund additional equipments
- while self-studying/honing my skills
- work, and work and work while freelancing
- work, and work and work until stable.
HOPING the first step will be a breeze.
You are right if you’ll say, “Sacrifice. Work as a nurse, go abroad, then do what you love to do.”
Here is my answer: I can’t afford to waste another set of years…
I HOPE I can get back to this post a couple of years from now and seeing that this plan worked.